How We Got Started
Weiss Monument Works was formed October of 1933 by Philip G. Weiss. Philip came from a large farming family in Southern Illinois. He however, wanted to go out on his own and do something different. He worked for a local monument shop for a few years learning the trade. An opportunity presented itself on the West End of Belleville and the Weiss family has been building monuments ever since.
In 1975 Philip W. Weiss, purchased the company from his father. Philip W. went to school for aeronautics, though after graduation, decided that his calling was to continue the business he grew up working at. Philip expanded the territory of the company over the coming years. Encompassing the city and county of St. Louis and the western half of the state of Illinois.
Where We Are Today
Today, the 3rd generation of Weiss family members are active in the business. Philip G. Weiss and Jamie Weiss Press represent the 3rd generation of Weiss’. We not only manufacture cemetery monuments, we also engrave commemorative plaques, brick fundraisers, commercial signage, park benches and veterans memorials. We produce and install everything we sell with our trained staff. Many of whom have been with the company more than fifteen years. Please visit one of our locations near you or browse our memorial galleries online. See why families have trusted the Weiss family for 3 generations to build a fitting tribute to their loved ones.